Pan-fried Prawns with a Sweet Soy sauce
Pan-fried prawns with a sweet soy sauce is so easy to prepare and make. It makes a delicious appetizer or can be served over rice. Quick and easy, pan-fried prawns with soy sauce, garlic, and spring onions is a simple Chinese stir-fry dinner bursting with so much flavour that can be served, from prep to table, in under 15 minutes.
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 10 prawns, deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, cooking wine and brown sugar. Stir and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and sauté over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Add prawns and sauce (from step 1). Stir for 1 minute.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. When you are flipping the prawns halfway, add the water.
- Add spring onions and serve.