Smashed Avocado on toast with Bacon, Feta and Poached Egg
This turn a boring Smashed Avocado on Toast into something beyond delicious. Avocado and egg is a match made in heaven, and smashed avocado on toast is no different but this Café Style Smashed Avocado dish will take things to a new level without much effort all in the comfort of your own home!
- 2 large Perfectly Ripe Avocados, pitted & roughly diced
- 1 Spring Onion, finely sliced,
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 2 large slices of Sourdough Bread
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- 70g Feta, crumbled
- 20 Vined Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked to preference
- 2 small Radishes, very finely sliced
- 4 pinches of Cress
- 4 Eggs
- sprinkle of Toasted Sesame Seeds, to garnish egg
- Tomatoes: Drizzle tomatoes with a little oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, then place in the oven at 200C/400F for around 10-15 minutes, or until the skin begins to wilt.
- Avocado: Meanwhile, in a bowl combine avocado, spring onion with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Lightly smash with a fork. Place to one side.
- Toast: Brush both sides of the sourdough with oil then place in a scorching hot griddle pan until little charred on both sides. Can broil under the grill if you’d prefer.
- Eggs: Bring a pot of water to a very gentle simmer. Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin then gently lower in the egg. Quickly repeat with the other eggs. Cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly firm but still with a visibly runny yolk. Drain with your ladle and place on paper towel to absorb unwanted water.
- Stack: Build the toast in the following order – toast, avocado, bacon, radish, feta, cress, egg and a sprinkle of sesame seeds if using.